One of the most important fields of application of ozone is in water treatment. The purification of water with ozone has been used for more than a century and thousands of facilities can be counted for this purpose, being the countries with the greatest profusion: France, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland. In addition, there are facilities in full activity in the most important cities in the world: Moscow, Amsterdam, Montreal, Berlin, Turin, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, etc.
FreeVirusWaters is ideal for the treatment of water in water treatment plants, swimming pools and, ultimately, in all types of drinking water, since it enriches the water with oxygen and confers an organoleptic improvement to it, at no time presenting overload problems when it is transformed into oxygen.
In Directive 2003/140 / EC of the European Commission, the only substance that is allowed to be used with mineral water is ozone.
The main applications within drinking water treatment are:
- Inactivation of bacteria and viruses.
- Improvement of the organoleptic characteristics of the water. (Elimination of color, odor and taste)
- Elimination of algae.
- Oxidation of organic matter such as detergents, phenols, pesticides, etc.
- Oxidation of iron and manganese, converting them into hydrates that are easily removable by filtration or decantation.
- Cyanide oxidation.
- Elimination of ammonia and nitrites.
- Elimination of suspended solids.
- Improvement of coagulation-flocculation of water.
- Preparation of the G.A.C. (Granulated Activated Carbon) for the biological elimination of ammonia and dissolved organic substances.